Thursday, August 8, 2019

Busy Book

I love my vintage sewing machine. It can do just about anything I want it to do. I wanted to make a project that showcases many different sewing techniques that are fun for a beginner or an expert so I put together this project: the Busy Book.









Busy books are for fun on the go and often teach valuable skills such as shoe-tying, buttons, color matching, shapes, etc. 

These patterns can also be put together into a fun quilt/play mat for kids. 


I have made busy books before for my kids and these are the pages my kids seem to have the most fun with:




Some sewing skills you will get to practice for this project are:
- button sewing
- buttonhole making
- top stitching
- quilting/stippling
- eyelets
- binding
- applique




No comments:

Post a Comment